- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Priceline Buying OpenTable and More Industry News
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Man Calls Police On Cat Who Ate His Bacon: ‘I Want to Press Charges’
- Denver Police Are Giving Out Free Pizza for Citizens Caught ‘Doing Something Right’
- These Police Officers Are Handing Out Dairy Queen Blizzards Instead of Tickets
- Bear Killed After Breaking Into House to Eat Cat Food and Peppermint Patties
- This Man Traded His iPhone for a Bite of Pepperoni Pizza
This week in industry news, Priceline is buying OpenTable for $2.6 billion, Luby’s profit fell 29.7 percent in the third quarter, and Panera Bread secures a $100 million loan.
Read on for more of this week's biggest financial news in the world of food.
Luby's Inc.: The company’s profit fell 29.7 percent in the third quarter.
McDonald’s Corp.: For May, McDonald’s global same-store sales rose 0.9 percent.
Open Table: Priceline is buying OpenTable for $2.6 billion.
P.F. Chang's China Bistro Inc.: The company agreed to a $1 billion acquisition by Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
More Financial News
POM Wonderful, L.L.C. vs Coca-Cola Co.: The Supreme Court ruled in favor of POM Juice after POM Juice sued Coca-Cola claiming that Coca-Cola’s Minute Maid “Pomegranate Blueberry” drink contains very little pomegranate or blueberry juice.
Photo Credit: Flickr/Mike Mozart
Panera Bread Co.: The company secured a $100 million loan from Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and TD Bank for general corporate funds, including growth initiatives.
Have the inside scoop on a merger or acquisition? Know of a new advertising campaign around a new iconic product? We’re always looking to get ahead of the game, so email us your tips.
Haley Willard is The Daily Meal's assistant editor. Follow her on Twitter @haleywillrd.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts