- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Prep Your Home for an Awards Show Bash
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
We’re in full Academy Awards mode over here at The Daily Meal. From settling on a fantastic menu to the best cocktails to sip, we’ve been rounding up the best secrets from the experts, and they keep on coming.
Raina Seitel, entertainment reporter and lifestyle guru, tells us how to primp your home for guests and explains the best way how. Red carpet season is all about glitz and glamour so it’s the best time to "dress up" your party by breaking out the fancy dishes, stemware and chic linens, and cutting the tag off that new, black cocktail dress — it’s time to make your guests feel like celebrities themselves.
Here are Seitel’s tips for an Oscar Sunday soirée:
• Setting the Stage: I always like to have a theme for my party and this year is all about old Hollywood glamour. I make sure to have bite-sized hors d’oeuvres and sweet treats on hand so guests feel like they are at the movies, but totally pampered at the same time. Plus, I always create a special signature drink to welcome them with (my go-to: vodka, chambord, simple syrup, lemon juice, and champagne), which is perfect for the occasion!
• Play up the Drama: I offer guests fun, interactive games to play as they view Tinsel Town’s hottest awards show. Have everyone vote on who they think is going to win and award prizes to the winners. Or introduce an awards show-themed bingo game to coincide with categories, stars, and films.
• Stay Smooth: Make sure all fine linens are stain and wrinkle-free by putting them through the wash before guests arrive. Appliances like the Electrolux Front Load Washer feature special wash systems that are designed to give linens a better clean. And steam settings ensure stain removal so wardrobes and table linens look fabulous.
• Give the Gift of Glamour: I like to greet my guests with a fun favor that adds a little glamour to their outfit like trendy, yet affordable necklaces for the girls and ties for the guys. Finally, be sure to ask your guests to come dressed for the occasion so that no one feels like they missed the memo!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts