- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Pop a Bottle: What Beer to Drink This Week with 'Man of Steel'
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Boston Bar Owners Accepted Thousands From Beer Distributor to Exclude Competitor Brands
- Mother of Dragons! ‘Game of Thrones’ Limited-Edition Beers Will Be Re-Released This Fall
- 5 Flavored Beers That Shouldn't Exist
- Kroger, America’s Largest Grocer, to Launch in-Store Craft Beer Taps at More Locations
- Former San Francisco Archbishop Arrested for Driving Drunk in Hawaii
This past week was the release of one of the most anticipated summer blockbusters, Man of Steel, which was poised to leap over the box office in a single bound, and about a million other puns made possible by its complete cultural ubiquity.
But with all the excitement going on, many of us will face a serious challenge: What should we drink before, after — or if we’re among the lucky (read: sneaky) few — during the film?
Sure, some may pair the beer with a bottle of Steel Reserve, content to bask in their own cleverness, or with a Budweiser for no other reason than that of the can’s eerie resemblance to the last son of Krypton’s tights.
While those brews are acceptable options, choosing them means missing a prime opportunity to find a perfect pairing for movie theater popcorn. Buttery, crunchy, and intensely salty popcorn is an irresistible treat that demands a beer to both quench your thirst and keep your palate refreshed.
In this case, try Victory Prima Pils, a brusque, hoppy pilsner that starts with a hint of sweetness, pairs nicely with butter, and ends with a snap of bitterness, placating salt’s insatiable demand for cold liquid.
And, if you’d really like to treat yourself this week by seeking out gourmet popcorn, I’m a big fan of Populence in New York City — a trend that’s sure to come to a theater near you soon.
— Christopher Toia, Lifestyle Mirror
More From Lifestyle Mirror:
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts