Pomegranate and Brussels Sprout Salad
- 3 cups (725 milliliters) Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup (237 milliliters) radicchio, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 milliliters) Romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¼ cup (59 milliliters) pomegranate seeds*
- ½ cup (118 milliliters) mandarin oranges or tangerine, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (225 grams) firm tofu, drained and cubed
- ¼ cup (30 grams) roasted hazelnuts
- ¼ cup (60 milliliters) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- ¼ cup (60 milliliters) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- Pepper, to taste
This salad has such a mild, unique flavor. The tart pomegranate bits add some unexpected zing to the clean taste of the shaved Brussels sprouts. It is very light on the belly and works wonders in cleansing your palate prior to dinner.
Add 1 cup of water to a large stock pot. Bring to a boil, and add the Brussels sprouts; steam for 3-5 minutes, or until soft. Place in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Cut the Brussels sprouts into quarters.
In a large bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, radicchio, Romaine, pomegranate seeds, oranges, tofu, and hazelnuts.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, oil, garlic, and rosemary. Heat a small frying pan over medium heat and pour in the vinegar mixture; cook until the mixture starts to bubble. Add the hot mixture to the salad and toss. Season lightly with pepper.
Calories per serving:362 calories
Dietary restrictions:High Fiber, Low Carb Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free
Have a question about nutritional data? Let us know.