Pok Pok’s Andy Ricker Opening Whiskey Soda Lounge in Brooklyn
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
Ever since famed Portland chef Andy Ricker opened Pok Pok Ny in the charming Brooklyn neighborhood of Red Hook earlier this year, there have been lines around the block to get in. It’ a small space that doesn’t hold too many people, and Ricker needed to find a way to keep those waiting for a table occupied and happy. What better way than by opening up a bar right next door?
Coming soon: Whiskey Soda Lounge, an outpost of the bar with the same name back in Portland. Ricker told Florence Fabricant that the bar will open just a few doors down from Pok Pok, and will serve up a variety of cocktails as well as Thai-style “drinking food,” including the famous Ike’s Vietnamese-Style Fish Sauce Wings, house-roasted peanuts, and grilled flank steak, as well as deep-fried goodies including stewed pig ears, dried pork, pork riblets, and pork chitlins.
While also a small space, this will still be the ideal place to wait it out until your tabe is ready at Pok Pok. But judging by Ricker’s popularity, Whiskey Soda Lounge will most likely turn into a destination itself.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts