- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 12 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1- to 1 ½-inch cubes
- 1/2 large Vidalia onion, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 small apple, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- PointsPlus Mexican Clementine and Jicama Salsa
- PointsPlus Balsamic Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad
- PointsPlus Spinach with Tomatoes and Feta
- PointsPlus Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan Cheese
- PointsPlus Super Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- PointsPlus Spicy Sweet Potato Oven Fries
- PointsPlus Quinoa and Tomato Salad
- PointsPlus Sesame-Ginger Pasta Salad
- PointsPlus Chipotle Black Beans with Orange and Lime
Here’s a quick and easy way to make the most of healthy, sweet butternut squash. Serve alongside some warm, crusty bread for a light meal.
In a large stockpot, combine the broth, squash, onion, and apple. Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove the lid and reduce heat to low. Gently simmer until the squash is very tender, about 10 minutes.
Purée the soup in the pot using an immersion blender, or purée in a regular blender in batches (be careful not to splatter hot liquid). Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Serve.
PointsPlus value: 1