- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Pizza Waitress Receives Unusual Tip
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- This Restaurant Made a Trump Burger to Celebrate the UK’s National Burger Day
- Which Mayonnaise-Heavy Condiment is Called ‘American Sauce’ in Germany?
- This Pastrami Ice Cream Sandwich Turns the New York Deli Staple on Its Head
- 101 Best Food Trucks in America 2015
- Four & Twenty Blackbirds: Why Brooklyn is Their Home
In order to honor his late brother Aaron, Seth Collins has been doling out $500 tips to pizza waiters and waitresses. Aaron Collins was 30 years old when he committed suicide in Lexington, Kentucky, and left a will on his computer urging his family to “Leave an awesome tip (and I don’t mean 23 percent. I mean $500 on a (expletive) pizza for a waiter or waitress.”
Collins handed Goldschmidt a stack $500 worth of $20s, as well as a post card that had his brother’s name and photo. Goldschmidt was the 56th recipient of the gift.
When Seth posted a video online of the first tip they gave, it lead to a series of donations and a campaign to provide the tip in all 50 states to waiters and waitresses recommended by Facebook users. The last wish came as no surprise to Aaron’s family and friends, as picking up the tab at group dinners and leaving large tips was something he did often.
Collins has embarked on the road trip to honor his brother solo, and plans to have enough donations to complete the task.
To donate to the cause, visit the campaign site, here.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts