- Pillsbury Doughboy trademarked (1970)
Pizza Hut Singapore's Crazy 'Double Sensation Pizza'
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Starbucks and Evolution Fresh Now Make Individual Fruit-on-the-Bottom Greek Yogurts
- Kraft Recalls American and White American Singles, Says Plastic Wrapper Is a Choking Hazard
- Maui, Hawaii's Grand Wailea Spa Incorporates Local Products into Relaxing Treatments
- Bananas Get Quick-Thinking Swede Out of Speeding Ticket
- The Best and Worst Products at Trader Joe’s Roundup: Part Two
Why is it that all the seriously wacky chain pizzas are released only internationally? A few months ago we did a roundup of the best fast food that you simply can’t get in America, and some oddball Pizza Hut creations made the list.
There was the Seafood Mix Pizza, which came topped with shrimp, squid, tuna, onions, broccoli, and a healthy dose of mayonnaise. And then came the three baked rice dishes for the Singapore market: The Seafood Fiesta, the Curry Zazzle, and the Chicken Olé. Did we mention that Pizza Hut makes some really wild dishes for international markets?
Well, now we can add one more to the list, according to Brand Eating: the Double Sensation Pizza, available now at Pizza Huts in Singapore. It’s so off the wall it’s almost impossible to describe, but we’ll give it a shot.
The pizza is separated into two rings, an inner ring and an outer ring. The outer ring’s crust has melted mozzarella, Cheddar, and Parmesan oozing out of it, and between that and ring number two is a pizza topped with cheese, salsa, bell peppers, mushrooms, and turkey ham. The inner ring is stuffed with chicken sausage, which itself is stuffed with cheese. Inside that ring is a pepper Alfredo sauce, smoked chicken, and slices of zucchini. Oh, and at the center of it all is a cherry.
It comes as part of a "Christmas Feast Deal," which also includes a regular pan pizza, mini hash browns, and six chunks of fried chicken, and it costs the equivalent of about $22 on its own.
I think I’ll pass.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts