- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls Recalled
Recipe of the day
- Enterprising Genius Invents Gadget to Keep Roommates From Stealing Your Nutella
- Food Truck-Goers Will Soon Be Able to Pay Using Apple Pay
- Bread From Sara Lee, Nature’s Harvest, and Other Brands Recalled Over Glass Fragments
- Dunkin’ Donuts and Reese’s Have Teamed Up for the Perfect Peanut Butter Doughnut
- Product Review: Trader Joe’s Popcorn in a Pickle
General Mills' frosted cinnamon rolls are a really quick way to get a hot, sticky sugar fix, but the company has announced a voluntary recall of certain packages over fear that the dough could be tainted with bits of plastic.
According to The Huffington Post, General Mills has recalled eight-count single packages of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Icing with "better if used by" dates of October 30, 2013, and October 31, 2013. It also recalled any two-count packages with dates of October 18, 2013; October 26, 2013; and October 31, 2013.
No other dates are included in the recall, and only the regular Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with Icing have been affected. Other cinnamon bun products, including the flaky cinnamon rolls and Pillsbury Grands cinnamon rolls, were not affected.
According to General Mills, the recall is a precautionary measure being taken because they found a broken piece of plastic on the production line and are concerned that fragments could have made it into the dough.
Anyone who has purchased an implicated package of cinnamon rolls should contact General Mills for a plastic-free replacement.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts