Pillsbury Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches
- One 16-ounce can Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 Cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 Cup finely diced red bell pepper
- Foil-Baked Salmon with Mango, Chile, and Lime
- Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Cucumber
- Grilled Swordfish Sliders
- Cinnamon-Scented Millet with Grilled Summer Vegetables
- Penne with Cherry Tomatoes and Zucchini Blossoms
- Grilled Swordfish with Thai Dipping Sauce
- Bacon and Jarlsberg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 'No-Name' Hot Dog
- Grilled Fish with Watermelon Salsa
Got a can of Pillsbury biscuits languishing away in the back of the refrigerator, with no idea what to do? Here is one solution. These quick and easy breakfast sandwiches are definitely not haute cuisine and no hip brunch place would be caught dead serving them, except only ironically for about $10 a pop. But, they are grilled, and that makes everything OK.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Separate the 8 biscuits and place on a cookie or baking sheet, 1-2 inches apart. Bake until light golden, about 14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium heat. Slice the biscuits in 1/2 horizontally and sprinkle the bottom halves with the cheese and bell pepper. Top with the other halves and place on the grill. Using an oven mitt or kitchen towel, place the cookie or baking sheet on top and press down gently.
After grill marks appear, about 1 minute, remove the cookie or baking sheet, flip the sandwiches, and grill the other side for 1 more minute. Remove from the heat and serve.
Calories per serving:306 calories
Dietary restrictions:Vegetarian, Egg Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free