- Todd English born (1960)
Pennsylvania Bacon Festival Postponed
Recipe of the day
- Where to Eat Now in New Orleans
- American Brasserie The Fourth Serves a Fabulous Jazz Brunch Just Off New York’s Union Square
- Don Chingon Opens in Brooklyn
- Harry & Ida's Meat and Supply’s Pastrami on Rye has Katz’s Deli Worried
- Questlove to Host the Coolest Brooklyn Food Festival with Dominique Ansel, George Takei, and More
Bacon Fest, the Easton Farmers Market’s inaugural tribute to all things smoked pig belly, has had to postpone festivities until Nov. 10 due to loss of power. Many of the vendors were directly affected, but representatives for the Farmers Market assured interested parties via their website that there will be bacon dishes aplenty.
The Easton, Pa. festival is set to hold a bacon cupcake contest where attendees can sample entries for $5. Bacon bakers can compete for 3 awards: a ‘Best Overall’ award decided by judges, and both ‘People’s Choice — Professional’ and ‘People’s Choice — Home Baker’ trophies. There will also be a chef competition pitting four local cooks against each other in a 3-course bacon-studded meal. The market has secured 45 vendors, including teams from Saxman Breads, Cranberry Creek Farm and the Sum Pig Food Truck.
While partying with all these bacon junkies and pork fetishists, be sure to check out an extended, 3-hour musical performance featuring Plainfield, N.J. cover band KeNoBe.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts