- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Viviane Bauquet Farre
- 1/2 ripe red Bartlett pear, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 ounces unsweetened pear juice
- 3/4 ounces Poire William or grappa
- 1/2 bottle champagne or sparkling wine
- Tuscan Apple Cake
- Sautéed Beet Greens with Cumin, Lemon Zest, and Crispy Fried Garlic
- Banana Bread with Brazil Nuts and Dark Chocolate Swirls
- Almond Scones
- Boston Lettuce and Radish Salad with Grilled Fingerling Potatoes
- Marinated Feta with Pan-Roasted Shishito Peppers and Olives
- Basil Pesto
- Cannellini Bean Dip with Pan-Fried Mint
- Carrot Cake with Cardamom, Currants, and Ginger-Crème Fraîche Chantilly
There’s something magical about bubbles — they always bring a smile to your face and lift your spirit. They’re enchanting even when mixed in cocktails.
Take this seasonal pear bellini. A mixture of pure pear juice and Poire William, topped with a lively bubbly, this is a cocktail that’s easy to make, and even easier to drink. Plus it fairly screams holiday party… Cin-cin!
Place one pear slice in each of the four champagne flute. Shake pear juice and Poire William (or grappa) with large ice cubes. Pour in equal measure into the flutes. Top with champagne or sparkling wine and serve immediately.