- World Coconut Day
Patton Oswalt’s DIY Whiskey Advent Calendar
Recipe of the day
- Kids Try Dark Chocolate for the First Time, Absolutely Hate It
- Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Mind of a Chef’ Is Back This Fall with Gabrielle Hamilton and David Kinch
- Lollipops in Utah, Eggplants in Nevada, and More Popular Emojis Ranked by State
- These People Completely Recreated the Simpsons Kitchen in Their Own Home
- 6 Foods That Can Clean Your House
We all have our own way of dealing with the holidays. Some of us cook, some of us celebrate with friends, and some of us just take the opportunity to be inebriated since it is socially acceptable. Patton Oswalt is definitely taking advantage of the latter this holiday season.
He recently started a rather interesting tradition we are confident will catch on: a whiskey Advent calendar.
As we countdown to Christmas, Oswalt plans on trying and enjoying 25 whiskeys to make his holidays warm and fuzzy for all the right reasons. If you aren’t a whiskey fan, don’t fret! Feel free to riff off this with your own Advent calendar cocktail ideas, using your liquor of choice.
While Oswalt has certainly moved on from Thanksgiving, other stars are still sharing how they spent their holiday. Check out how your favorite celebrities celebrated!
Castle star Nathan Fillion ditched the traditional holiday brew-ha-ha and skipped the turkey to cheers with cocktails!
Before to the tragedy of Paul Walker’s untimely, tragic death, Jordana Brewster was celebrating what she was thankful for with a traditional turkey.
Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick
This Hollywood couple spent their holiday giving back to their community!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts