Panko-Crusted Veal Cutlet with English Peas
- 1 3/4 Pound 1/8-inch-thick veal cutlets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 Cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Pound shelled English peas
- 1/2 Cup water
- Foil-Baked Salmon with Mango, Chile, and Lime
- Grilled Eggplant with Feta and Cucumber
- Grilled Swordfish Sliders
- Cinnamon-Scented Millet with Grilled Summer Vegetables
- Penne with Cherry Tomatoes and Zucchini Blossoms
- Grilled Swordfish with Thai Dipping Sauce
- Bacon and Jarlsberg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 'No-Name' Hot Dog
- Grilled Fish with Watermelon Salsa
It may seem like a lot of butter, but I was amazed at how the crust on each piece of veal just soaked it all up — about one tablespoon each. So, if you end up with about eight cutlets like I did, you'll need the eight tablespoons of butter.
It may seem a bit decadent, but it's a tasty, quick, and easy weeknight main. And a little goes a long way. Two cutlets per person should more than suffice, especially with all the buttah.
Season the veal cutlets on both sides with salt and pepper, to taste. Set out the breadcrumbs on a large plate and the flour and eggs in 2 separate bowls. Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a 10-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Meanwhile, take one of the cutlets and dredge it in flour, shaking off the excess. Coat it in the egg wash and then with the breadcrumbs. Pan fry until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Remove from the heat, set aside, and wipe out the pan. Melt another tablespoon of butter and repeat until all the veal cutlets are cooked.
Then, add the peas and water to the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Cover with a lid and cook until tender, about 6-7 minutes. Drain in a colander and serve with the veal cutlets.
Calories per serving:713 calories
Dietary restrictions:High Fiber Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free, No Oil Added, No Sugar Added
Have a question about nutritional data? Let us know.