Over-the-Top Themed Parties for Grown-Ups
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
Regardless of your age, one thing always rings true — there is no better way to welcome in another year than with a festive themed bash in your honor. So celebrate your birthday in style, and if you thought cupcake toppers and candy buffets were reserved for the little ones, well, think again.
Channel your inner '80s child, pile on the pearls for a vintage soirée, and brush up on your sonnets, as those are just a few of the themed parties hitting the scene this season for the 21-plus crowd. Although the décor of these parties is a bit more elegant than it would be at a child’s princess party, take a cue from the neon hues and tiny bites to create a warm, inviting ambiance for your guests to celebrate with you through the night.[slideshow:
Finger foods get an adult upgrade with make-your-own slider bars, wings, tea sandwiches, and kebobs, but be sure to keep the sugar rush coming with a chic candy buffet, fitting with the theme of the party. As for the cocktails, old-school punches and new-age craft brews are popping up more frequently on the party scene, so by all means, pour yourself a glass and cheers to the birthday host.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts