8 Outrageous Athlete Celebration Receipts
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
Athletes are known for spending their money in outrageously lavish ways, especially when it comes time to let loose and enjoy an evening out on the town. However, some athletes, or entire teams, for that matter, have taken the tradition to new heights.
Take the Boston Bruins, for example. After winning the Stanley Cup Championship over the Vancouver Canucks this year, the team made their way to the nearby Foxwoods Casino and started the evening with an innocent game or two of bowling and a nice meal before blowing $156,679.74 at a nightclub.
Seattle Seahawks defensive end, Raheem Brock, however, gained attention for a notably less luxurious scandal. This past June he was arrested for allegedly running out on a $27 bill from Copacabana in Philadelphia when the friend he was with spotted a cheesesteak stand across the street and tried to bring one into the restaurant.
But perhaps none of these stories is more compelling than the meal that caused Dallas Cowboys receiver, Dez Bryant's name to be splashed across headlines last year. During training camp, Bryant's teammates reportedly left him to foot the $54,894 dinner bill from a meal at Pappa Bros. Steakhouse as a rookie hazing ritual.
Regardless of the motives, you can be sure that each of these truly outrageous moments will stick with these athletes for years to come. Check out the list and let us know if we missed one of your favorite stories.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts