- Maurice (McDonald's) McDonald born (1902)
Nominated for the Best New Restaurant award by the James Beard Foundation in 2008 and home to James Beard Foundation’s Best Chef Mid-Atlantic 2010, Osteria has some super credentials — and lots of hype to live up to. Marc Vetri, Jeff Michaud, and Jeff Benjamin conceived the idea on a trip in Tuscany, and Philadelphians (and with their newer Moorestown spot a 20-minute drive away, now New Jerseyans) have to be glad they followed through.
There are three "Pizze Napoletane": the mortadella with pistachio pesto, marinara, and porchetta (how often do you get a spit-roasted topping?). Pizze Tradizionali include gourmet twists like octopus and red chile flakes; baked egg with Bitto cheese and cotechino; and stracciatella and lemon (the latter an underused pizza topping). And the wine list isn’t half bad either, with more than 100 Italian wines to accompany your award-winning pie. Osteria’s acclaim has also spawned Pizzeria Vetri, a 30-seat restaurant in Philadelphia's art museum district, the first of the Vetri family restaurants dedicated exclusively to the art of authentic Italian pizza-making.
— Arthur Bovino, 101 Best Pizzas in America 2015, 8/6/2015
- Mozzeria, A BYO Osteria Is Coming to Wayne - Foobooz Philadelphia Home News Restaurants Health Arts
- Lancaster Sunday at Osteria - Foobooz Philadelphia Home News Restaurants Health Arts & Events
- Dinner at Osteria - Foobooz Philadelphia Home News Restaurants Health Arts & Events Shopping
- More from the web
- Greatest Hits and What You Missed: Armed Robbery, Late Night Partying, Tacos, Soup, Osteria Moorestown, Cochon 555 and the Coolest Meat Book Ever - FooboozGreatest Hits and What You Missed: Armed Robbery, Late Night Partying, Tacos, Soup, Osteria
- Happy Hour Starts at Osteria Moorestown Tonight - Foobooz Philadelphia Home News Restaurants Health
- Osteria Offering Afternoon Wine Classes - Foobooz Philadelphia Home News Restaurants Health Arts