Oprah Possibly Launching Organic Food Line
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- José Andrés Saves Life of Choking Man
- 6 Things You Didn't Know About The Food Network's 'Chopped'
- In The Daily Meal Kitchen with José Andrés, Who Tempts the American Palate with Science
- Buy Your Tickets Now for the I Heart WITS Gala on May 5, Supporting Wellness in Schools
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth and Say Congratulations at High Street on Market
While Oprah may be working on her own network (and magazine, and brand name), she's also trying her hand at an organic produce line.
The New York Post reports that applications for "Oprah's Organics" have been filed with the US Patent and Trademark Organization. And while the filings were used to name bath soaps, sunscreen, massage oils, and other beauty products, it looks like Oprah's Organics will also be used to name organic salad dressings, frozen vegetables, soups, drinks, and snack dips.
Similarly, applications for "Oprah's Farm" were filed for a beverage and catering service, as well as "Oprah's Harvest." A representative for Winfrey told the New York Post that "The trademarks were filed for Oprah’s farm on Maui to enable the farm to grow and distribute produce on Maui and throughout the Hawaiian Islands.”
Whether or not all of these products will be launched has yet to be seen; as many patent and copyright lawyers know, "the trademark is broader than the intention," one source told Forbes. But if anyone can move from celebrity to organic food line, it must be Oprah.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts