The One Food Andrew Zimmern Doesn’t Like
Recipe of the day
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
- On a Fishing Charter with a Chef at Amelia Island, Florida
- Introduction to Memphis in May 2015, at the World’s Largest Pork BBQ Contest
James Beard Award-winning TV personality Andrew Zimmern, who marks his 100th episode of his Travel Channel show Bizarre Foods America July 9, has one food he absolutely cannot stand.
The man who has traveled around the world and documented his gastronomic adventures eating bat paste, durian, and other bizarre foods for six seasons can count the number of foods he doesn’t like on one hand — well, one finger. And the food he doesn’t like can be bought at your local grocery store.
Zimmern does not like walnuts. His explanation: they taste soapy.
Zimmern’s revelation got us thinking here at The Daily Meal. What foods do other famous food personalities hate? The Daily Meal asked the host of Top Chef Just Desserts Gail Simmons, chef and restaurateur David Burke, special contributor for The Chew Evette Rios, and more what foods they hate. Their answers may surprise you.
The sixth season of Bizarre Foods America premieres at 9 p.m. July 9 following a one-hour retrospective special Bizarre Foods Celebrates 100 at 8 p.m..
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts