Sotheby's to Auction Off Dinner with Ferran Adrià
Recipe of the day
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
Avid fans of shuttered Spanish restaurant elBulli should start saving up now; Sotheby's has announced new additions to the elBulli Wine Cellar auction, meaning there's more to it all than bottles signed by world famous experimental chef Ferran Adrià and Juli Soler.
According to a press release, the sale will also include a dinner with elBulli chef Adrià (starting bid at $5,000), which takes place at Albert Adrià's Barcelona restaurant Tickets, Eater reports. Additionally, a variety of elBulli paraphernalia will be up for auction, like a set of elBulli knives ($1,000), four chefs jackets signed by Adrià ($1,000), elBulli chocolate boxes ($1,000), and a set of elBulli cutlery ($2,000).
For those looking to possibly save, petit fours crockery is starting out at $50 a piece, while Baroque metal trays start at $150.
The auction will take place in Hong Kong and in New York on April 3 and April 26, respectively, with proceeds benefitting the elBulli Foundation. Now we just have to find a way to grab seats when elBulli reopens.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts