Sotheby's to Auction Off Dinner with Ferran Adrià
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
Avid fans of shuttered Spanish restaurant elBulli should start saving up now; Sotheby's has announced new additions to the elBulli Wine Cellar auction, meaning there's more to it all than bottles signed by world famous experimental chef Ferran Adrià and Juli Soler.
According to a press release, the sale will also include a dinner with elBulli chef Adrià (starting bid at $5,000), which takes place at Albert Adrià's Barcelona restaurant Tickets, Eater reports. Additionally, a variety of elBulli paraphernalia will be up for auction, like a set of elBulli knives ($1,000), four chefs jackets signed by Adrià ($1,000), elBulli chocolate boxes ($1,000), and a set of elBulli cutlery ($2,000).
For those looking to possibly save, petit fours crockery is starting out at $50 a piece, while Baroque metal trays start at $150.
The auction will take place in Hong Kong and in New York on April 3 and April 26, respectively, with proceeds benefitting the elBulli Foundation. Now we just have to find a way to grab seats when elBulli reopens.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts