Sotheby's to Auction Off Dinner with Ferran Adrià
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
Avid fans of shuttered Spanish restaurant elBulli should start saving up now; Sotheby's has announced new additions to the elBulli Wine Cellar auction, meaning there's more to it all than bottles signed by world famous experimental chef Ferran Adrià and Juli Soler.
According to a press release, the sale will also include a dinner with elBulli chef Adrià (starting bid at $5,000), which takes place at Albert Adrià's Barcelona restaurant Tickets, Eater reports. Additionally, a variety of elBulli paraphernalia will be up for auction, like a set of elBulli knives ($1,000), four chefs jackets signed by Adrià ($1,000), elBulli chocolate boxes ($1,000), and a set of elBulli cutlery ($2,000).
For those looking to possibly save, petit fours crockery is starting out at $50 a piece, while Baroque metal trays start at $150.
The auction will take place in Hong Kong and in New York on April 3 and April 26, respectively, with proceeds benefitting the elBulli Foundation. Now we just have to find a way to grab seats when elBulli reopens.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts