- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
No Daytime Emmys for 'The Chew' This Year
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- If You Eat and Drink These 10 Things, You're a Basic White Girl (No, You Are, Really)
- How Many Calories Are at Your Summer BBQ?
- Kids Try Dark Chocolate for the First Time, Absolutely Hate It
- Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Mind of a Chef’ Is Back This Fall with Gabrielle Hamilton and David Kinch
- Lollipops in Utah, Eggplants in Nevada, and More Popular Emojis Ranked by State
If your Saturday night plans consist of tuning into the Daytime Emmy Awards in order to see whether or not Mario Batali will take home a trophy, we suggest thinking of other ways to spend your evening. Please forgive the spoiler, but the stars of The Chew will not be bringing any daytime award home this year.
How can we be so sure, you ask? Well, when the 39th Daytime Emmy Award nominations were announced last month on TODAY, ABC’s new culinary show was absent from the list.
The Chew, referred to by many as that show that replaced All My Children, "celebrates and explores life through food." Each episode offers nutritional insight, recipes, and personal anecdotes to an estimated 2 million viewers.
Looking at the layout of the daytime show, one could see ABC’s hopes of giving Food Network some competition. However, Food Network continued to dominate the Outstanding Culinary Program category, with Giada De Laurentiis, Paula Deen, and Sandra Lee also receiving nominations for Outstanding Lifestyle/Culinary Host.
Fans of The Chew shouldn’t be too worried about what the future has in store for Mario Batali, Clinton Kelly, and the rest of the gang. ABC renewed the lifestyle show for another season, making it possible for the 40th Daytime Emmy Awards to nominate a competitor for Food Network’s lineup? Or not.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts