- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Ocean Prime's Truffled Deviled Eggs
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, cut in half, and yolks mashed in a bowl
- 1/3 Cup mayonnaise
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Teaspoon white truffle oil
- 1 Teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- White pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon American sturgeon caviar
- 1/2 Ounce black truffle slices
- 1 Tablespoon minced chives
If you can’t resist the taste of truffles, all you need is a little truffle oil in your life. The work of chef Jason Shelley, this recipe for deviled eggs shows you how easy truffle oil can be incorporated into the classic dish.
Push the yolks through a small strainer and combine with the mayonnaise, lemon juice, truffle oil, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
Put the yolk mix into a piping bag, or into a sandwich baggie, and cut off one of the corners. Pipe the mixture into each egg white shell, with mix extending up about 1 inch high.
Garnish each egg with a small piece of truffle slice, about 8-10 caviar eggs and sprinkle all with minced chives.