- First espresso machine patented (1938)
Obama's Food Definitely Beating Romney's in Polls
7 Eleven 2012
7 Eleven 2012
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- New Champion? Matt Stonie Beats Out Joey Chestnut Again by Scarfing 10.5 Pounds of Ribs
- Alice Waters, Chef and Food Activist, to Receive National Humanities Medal From President Obama
- Tyler Florence’s Advice for Aspiring Food Truck Owners
- Chef Profile: A Voce Madison’s Davide Venturini
- New England Dunkin’ Donuts to Offer Judge Free Coffee for Life Following Tom Brady’s Suspension Lift
7-Eleven recently polled their customers and found that President Obama's blue cup was beating out Romney's red cup, 59 percent to 41 percent, and in other restaurants, the numbers are looking the same.
BGR's Obama burgers are up 856 to 754, as more customers are buying the Chicago hot dog-inspired burger than Romney's hollandaise and lobster burger.
California Tortilla's Obama burrito bowl (with chicken teriyaki and pineapple) is also outselling Romney's burrito bowl (meatloaf and mashed potatoes) 54 to 46 percent.
Interestingly enough, BGR founder Mark Bucher tells the Washington Post that sale numbers are fluctuating with election events. "Following the first presidential debate on Oct. 3, the Romney Burger outsold the Obama Burger three to one in daily sales the following day," Bucher said. I guess we'll see how sales do tomorrow, following the town hall debate at Hofstra University.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts