- First electric stove patented (1896)
Obama Plugs Dinner Series; Chef Sam Kass Teaches Kid-Friendly Cooking
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- The USDA Considers Implementing Healthy Meals for Children in Daycares to Fight Childhood Obesity
- Fatty and Sugary Foods Could Diminish Important Brain Functions
- Confessions of a Picky Eater: Punta Cana Pescado
- Pizza Guy Administers CPR to Customer: ‘I Left a Pizza Boy, and Came Back a Pizza Man’
- Wish-Bone Is Recalling Thousands of Ranch Salad Dressings
President Obama is promoting the sweepstakes for the last Dinner with Obama before his campaign comes to a close. The sixth event in the series launched in June, and now Obama is asking that supporters enter and follow-up with a donation.
The original deadline for this Dinner with Obama was Sept. 20, but it has been extended to Sept. 25. Just as with the past events, three winners will be chosen and the prize includes airfare and an overnight stay in a hotel, and of course, dinner with the president. Mrs. Obama’s participation has not been publicized yet, but considering she has attended a few of the past dinners, there’s a good chance she’ll make an appearance.
Meanwhile, Food Bank for New York has tapped White House executive chef Sam Kass, Shaquille O'Neal, and Todd English to help launch a nutrition education program. The program will feature the Super Sprowtz, superfood vegetable characters with super powers. Shaq will be on hand during the series of educational puppet shows to promote the program, while the chefs lead demonstrations on how to cook healthy, family-friendly recipes. The program kicks off Sunday, Sept. 23 at Century 21 Lincoln Square in Manhattan.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts