- Earl S. (Tupperware) Tupper born (1907)
Obama Plugs Dinner Series; Chef Sam Kass Teaches Kid-Friendly Cooking
Recipe of the day
- Fancy Stuff You Should Like but Probably Don't
- Has the National Obesity Rate Peaked? Americans Are Finally Eating Less, Data Says
- Mexican Cilantro Banned From US, Linked to Intestinal Illness From Parasite
- 8 Food Companies to Watch
- Florida Resident Warned Not to Let the Smell of Barbecue Leave Property
President Obama is promoting the sweepstakes for the last Dinner with Obama before his campaign comes to a close. The sixth event in the series launched in June, and now Obama is asking that supporters enter and follow-up with a donation.
The original deadline for this Dinner with Obama was Sept. 20, but it has been extended to Sept. 25. Just as with the past events, three winners will be chosen and the prize includes airfare and an overnight stay in a hotel, and of course, dinner with the president. Mrs. Obama’s participation has not been publicized yet, but considering she has attended a few of the past dinners, there’s a good chance she’ll make an appearance.
Meanwhile, Food Bank for New York has tapped White House executive chef Sam Kass, Shaquille O'Neal, and Todd English to help launch a nutrition education program. The program will feature the Super Sprowtz, superfood vegetable characters with super powers. Shaq will be on hand during the series of educational puppet shows to promote the program, while the chefs lead demonstrations on how to cook healthy, family-friendly recipes. The program kicks off Sunday, Sept. 23 at Century 21 Lincoln Square in Manhattan.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts