Obama Partied with Jay-Z and Beyoncé at 40/40 Club
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Acclaimed Chef Peter Chang is Opening a Fast-Casual Concept called Peter Chang Wok
- Obese Chef Dropped Nearly 300 Pounds After His Friend Sent Him Mean Texts Every Day for Six Weeks
- Alex Guarnaschelli Talks Her Upcoming Restaurant and Love for Chocolate
- Australian Celebrity Chef Mark Best Brings Down-Under 'Bistronomy' to Sydney
- Watch: Cronut Creator Dominique Ansel on the Nature of Invention
In the latest news from the campaign trail, we get an inside report from Obama's appearance at Jay-Z's 40/40 Club in New York, where the president thanked "Jay and Bey" for their friendship.
"Michelle and Malia and Sasha are mad at me because they are not here," Obama said. "That doesn’t usually happen. Usually they’re like, we’re glad you’re going — we don’t need to go. But every time they get a chance to see these two they are thrilled, partly because they are just both so generous, particularly to my kids. And Malia and Sasha just love both of them." Oh, and also, it's Jay-Z and Beyoncé.
Obama also hit up the Waldorf Astoria hotel and appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman, while Joe Biden stopped at the Smokey Row coffee house and soda fountain in Iowa for lunch, ordering a cup of chili, a tuna salad sandwich, and a coffee. As for Romney's recent 47 percent blunder? "I don't have a comment, you guys," Biden said.
Mitt Romney, in the meantime, was in Texas raising money, first at a dinner at the Hilton Anatole for donors who gave between $50,000 and $100,000, and then at a reception with donors who gave less than that.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts