Obama Partied with Jay-Z and Beyoncé at 40/40 Club
Recipe of the day
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
In the latest news from the campaign trail, we get an inside report from Obama's appearance at Jay-Z's 40/40 Club in New York, where the president thanked "Jay and Bey" for their friendship.
"Michelle and Malia and Sasha are mad at me because they are not here," Obama said. "That doesn’t usually happen. Usually they’re like, we’re glad you’re going — we don’t need to go. But every time they get a chance to see these two they are thrilled, partly because they are just both so generous, particularly to my kids. And Malia and Sasha just love both of them." Oh, and also, it's Jay-Z and Beyoncé.
Obama also hit up the Waldorf Astoria hotel and appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman, while Joe Biden stopped at the Smokey Row coffee house and soda fountain in Iowa for lunch, ordering a cup of chili, a tuna salad sandwich, and a coffee. As for Romney's recent 47 percent blunder? "I don't have a comment, you guys," Biden said.
Mitt Romney, in the meantime, was in Texas raising money, first at a dinner at the Hilton Anatole for donors who gave between $50,000 and $100,000, and then at a reception with donors who gave less than that.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts