Obama's Massive Fundraising Trip Includes Dinner at ABC Kitchen
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
President Barack Obama visited New York City yesterday (and screwed up traffic) to hit four fundraising events, including the 100th event of his campaign season. The total expected revenue from this trip? $5 million.
The biggest event was, of course, a dinner at ABC Kitchen followed by a party at ABC Carpet & Home, hosted by Aziz Ansari with The Roots and Ben Folds. Obama hosted about 900 guests, each paying from $1,000 to $35,800 a plate, and he couldn't refrain from making a jab at Ansari in front of all of them.
The staff at ABC Kitchen won't share what was served, and every other publication just speculates that it was local and organic, and obviously not hot dogs. But if you missed out on your chance to dine with the president, he's doing another Dinner with Barack. You won't get your Roots and Ben Folds fix, though.
Check out this video of the last Dinner with Barack, where you can see the president chew and talk about his childhood dream job.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts