NYCWFF: Morimoto's Rock & Roll
Today on The Daily Meal
- Whoopi Goldberg on the New York City Wine & Food Festival, the One Thing She Cooks, and Having an 'EGOT'
- Morimoto Alum to Open ‘Fast-Fine’ Sushi Restaurant
- The Best Lines from NYCWFF’s Then & Now Food Writing Panel
- Jay Godfrey S/S 2015: A Mis-Matched Collection of Western Americana & Rock 'N' Roll
- Here's a New Trailer for 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi'
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
For a brief moment, Legacies weren't necessary for admittance into the Harvard Club while Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto, Eater.com, and some very talented culinary friends hosted Rock & Roll with Morimoto - A Sushi and Karaoke Soiree. Morimoto made an abbreviated musical appearance, but was sadly upstaged by a salty Kerry Heffernan (whose 100 percent sustainable albacore dish was perfectly seasoned). Other notable tastes included Paul Liebrandt's stribed bass with chicken consommé and Sushi Zen's hirame sushi, which was topped with yuzu zest freshly grated to order.
Jamie Bissonnette took charge of his table, citing a projected March opening for his upcoming NYC outpost of Toro. When asked if he had attended the Hawaii Food & Wine Festival, Bissonnette quipped, "F#ck that sh*t. I can't fly that long."
Food Network's most recent star, Do or Dine's Justin Warner had some choice words about everyone's favorite cocktail ingredient — bitters: "I like my bitters uncut. Some people will have a bitters and soda, not me. I say give me the IV, man".
As for the man of the hour, when he wasn't being fawned over by adoring fans, Morimoto took some time to pal around with Guy Fieri, who arrived and then circulated with at least two large men at all times.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts