Chef Steve DiFillippo Wins NFL Community Service Award
Today on The Daily Meal
- Alain Ducasse Wins Lifetime Achievement Award From World's 50 Best Restaurant Awards
- James Beard Award-Winning Chefs End Up as 'Jeopardy!' Category
- Cecilia Chiang Wins James Beard Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award and More News
- Media Mix: Paul McCartney's Cookbook; Sweets Lovers Are Sweeter; and Steve Jobs' Diet
- Munchies People's Choice Awards 2014 Winners Announced
Chef Steve DiFillippo, who owns Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse near Grand Central Station in New York, won the Chef Andy community service award for raising $20,000 this year for the Taste of the NFL to help fight hunger. He was presented with the award on Saturday, the day before the Super Bowl.
“Taste of the NFL” rallies local and well-known chefs to come together to fight hunger. Every year, The Chef Andy award, named after Andy DiVincenzo from Buffalo who was a Taste chef for years and passed away one week before Super Bowl in 2004, is given to the Taste chef who employs the most spirit in fundraising.
Chef DiFillippo raised the funds this year by hosting events and partnering with Gallo wines: any time a guest at his restaurant ordered a Gallo wine, the proceeds went to Taste of the NFL.
“It's our mission as participating chefs to raise more money each year for hunger relief,” said Chef DiFillippo. “I could not be more proud of our team at Davio's and we look forward to raising the bar next year to kick hunger."
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts