Now There's a 'Top Chef' Magazine, Too
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
- Anthony Bourdain’s International Street Food Hall in New York City Expected to Open Later This Year
- Michelin-Starred Indian Chef Vikas Khanna Reportedly Approached for Hollywood Biopic
Lucky us, we got our hands on Food & Wine's January issue with the "first-ever Top Chef Magazine," a 24-page section dedicated to the show's contestants and judges.
Included for avid Top Chef fans: a Top Chef trivia game, contestants' funniest behind-the-scenes moments, the most embarassing moments on set, and a travel guide from your favorite judges.
Some favorite portions: Zac Young recalls a streetside pole-dancing competition to Lady Gaga's "Telephone" with Yigit Pura, who he calls his "big sister." "He may have won the season, but I'm the better pole dancer," Young says.
Fan favorite Fabio Viviani also secretly wished everyone else would get kidnapped, because "I didn't appreciate the alone time until I was living with those 15 monkeys." But the funniest behind-the-scenes moment for Viviani? "There's a story about Kenny Gilbert and a blow-up doll." Please spill.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts