- M.F.K. Fisher born (1908)
No Alarm Chili
- 1 Pound extra lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 8 Ounces or 1 can of Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 15 Ounces or 1 can of red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 Teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 15 Ounces or 1 can of Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
As the colder weather approachs and football season is in full swing our tastebuds start to crave those wamer recipes with an some added kick. Here is a great chili recipe for this season that can serve you more family dinner ideas.
1. Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain.
2. Add all remaining ingredients; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To make this chili anytime with pantry available ingredients, use 2 pouches (6 oz each) Libby's® Seasoned Beef Crumbles in place of the fresh ground beef.
As an excellent pre-dinner snack try pairing this food with beef jerky or meat sticks.