- First espresso machine patented (1938)
'Next Iron Chef: Redemption' Bringing Back Show Veterans
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- New Champion? Matt Stonie Beats Out Joey Chestnut Again by Scarfing 10.5 Pounds of Ribs
- Alice Waters, Chef and Food Activist, to Receive National Humanities Medal From President Obama
- Tyler Florence’s Advice for Aspiring Food Truck Owners
- Chef Profile: A Voce Madison’s Davide Venturini
- New England Dunkin’ Donuts to Offer Judge Free Coffee for Life Following Tom Brady’s Suspension Lift
Looks like a select few will get a second chance to become an Iron Chef: the new season of The Next Iron Chef: Redemption will feature old veterans from past seasons, all vying for a shot at the title.
This season's lineup includes Nate Appleman, Amanda Freitag, Eric Greenspan, Jehangir Mehta, Elizabeth Falkner, Alex Guarnaschelli, Spike Mendelsohn, Tim Love, and Marcel Vigneron. Out of these nine, the last two are the only new Next Iron Chef contestants.
One more spot on the show will go to the winner of a web competition at FoodNetwork.com, where Duskie Estes, Robert Trevino, Lee Anne Wong, and Madison Cowan will compete for a chance to compete on The Next Iron Chef (for a chance to be an Iron Chef). We think all this competing for a chance to compete may be taking it too far, but at least Alton Brown is hosting again.
The new series premieres Nov. 4 at 9 p.m. ET. on the Food Network.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts