- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Yes, a 'Doctor Who' Sonic Screwdriver Bottle Opener Exists
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Truck Carrying 90,000 Beer Bottles Crashes Near Highway 101
- 5 Things That Happen When You Go Out Drinking with Your Best Friend
- The 10 Best IPAs From the 10 Best Craft Breweries in America
- You Can Stop Freaking Out: A Worldwide Beer Crisis Is Not Imminent, Say Hops Farmers
- A 140-Year-Old Bottle of Beer Found in a Garage Sold at Auction for $935
Can you think of any better way to get all “wibbly wobbly” than by showing off your Doctor Who-inspired sonic screwdriver bottle opener at a party? We can’t, especially if your party guests are Whovians. This nerdy gadget is available at Forbidden Planet for £13.99 ($22.17 USD), which seems a bit much, especially since it doesn’t even seem like the bottle opener makes any authentic sound effects!
The bottle opener’s design is modeled after the 11th Doctor’s screwdriver, and you can complete your set with the Dalek and TARDIS companion bottle openers. But don’t stop there. Store the beers you’ve opened with your sonic screwdriver inside your TARDIS mini fridge, and serve them on these fantastic Doctor Who coasters. Then have a blast as you “IN-TOX-I-CATE."
Throwing a nerdy wedding, and not just a geeky shindig? Get some inspiration with The Daily Meal's 10 Nerdy Wedding Cakes
Now that we’ve given you some cool party ideas for the series eight premiere later this summer, Allons-y! Get yours before they’re all sold out.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts