Yes, a 'Doctor Who' Sonic Screwdriver Bottle Opener Exists
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
Can you think of any better way to get all “wibbly wobbly” than by showing off your Doctor Who-inspired sonic screwdriver bottle opener at a party? We can’t, especially if your party guests are Whovians. This nerdy gadget is available at Forbidden Planet for £13.99 ($22.17 USD), which seems a bit much, especially since it doesn’t even seem like the bottle opener makes any authentic sound effects!
The bottle opener’s design is modeled after the 11th Doctor’s screwdriver, and you can complete your set with the Dalek and TARDIS companion bottle openers. But don’t stop there. Store the beers you’ve opened with your sonic screwdriver inside your TARDIS mini fridge, and serve them on these fantastic Doctor Who coasters. Then have a blast as you “IN-TOX-I-CATE."
Throwing a nerdy wedding, and not just a geeky shindig? Get some inspiration with The Daily Meal's 10 Nerdy Wedding Cakes
Now that we’ve given you some cool party ideas for the series eight premiere later this summer, Allons-y! Get yours before they’re all sold out.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts