Yes, a 'Doctor Who' Sonic Screwdriver Bottle Opener Exists
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Budweiser Does It Again With Another Adorable Super Bowl Commercial
- Bud Light Wows With Life-Sized Pac-Man Game in Super Bowl Ad
- People in South Korea are Drinking Whipped Cream with Beer
- Legendary Horror Writer H.P. Lovecraft Inspires New Craft Beers
- Blue Moon is Releasing a White IPA and You Can Taste it First
Can you think of any better way to get all “wibbly wobbly” than by showing off your Doctor Who-inspired sonic screwdriver bottle opener at a party? We can’t, especially if your party guests are Whovians. This nerdy gadget is available at Forbidden Planet for £13.99 ($22.17 USD), which seems a bit much, especially since it doesn’t even seem like the bottle opener makes any authentic sound effects!
The bottle opener’s design is modeled after the 11th Doctor’s screwdriver, and you can complete your set with the Dalek and TARDIS companion bottle openers. But don’t stop there. Store the beers you’ve opened with your sonic screwdriver inside your TARDIS mini fridge, and serve them on these fantastic Doctor Who coasters. Then have a blast as you “IN-TOX-I-CATE."
Throwing a nerdy wedding, and not just a geeky shindig? Get some inspiration with The Daily Meal's 10 Nerdy Wedding Cakes
Now that we’ve given you some cool party ideas for the series eight premiere later this summer, Allons-y! Get yours before they’re all sold out.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts