Willy Wonka Frozen Treat Pop Up Shop Appears in New York
Recipe of the day
- Nearly 70 Restaurants Coming to Village Voice’s Eighth Annual Choice Eats Tasting Event
- Spiaggia Voted the Best Italian Restaurant in Chicago
- Vetri Voted the Best Italian Restaurant in Philadelphia
- What’s Happening in Washington, DC: Anniversary Galas, Whisky Parties, and Purim Celebrations
- Sandwich of the Week: Centro Ristorante’s Rosebud Meatball Sandwich in Chicago
New York just got a lot more scrumdiddlyumptious. Today marked the unveiling of the Willy Wonka pop-up shop in New York’s Meatpacking District, called “Winter Wonka-Land.” The walkthrough wintery landscape, which features real-life Oompa Loompas and samples of the brand-new Wonka treat “Peel-A-Pop,” will only be around until May 17th at 22 Little West 12th Street.
The pop-up shop is meant to introduce Wonka fans to the new frozen treat, Peel-A-Pops, or peelable ice cream pops.The treat features vanilla ice cream on a stick, encased by a yellow (banana-flavored), or purple (grape-flavored) peel-able gelatin mold. When unpeeled, the treat looks exactly like a banana, but with a sweet and edible peel. And it doesn’t taste like snozzberries!
“At Wonka, making ordinary sweets isn’t enough. Our mission is to bring the pure imagination of Willy Wonka to life with innovative treats,” said Lisa Williams, Wona Brand Manager in a statement. “Available nationwide this spring, magically sweet Peel-a-Pop frozen treats deliver on the Wonka promise, offering a taste of unbridled fun to kids of all ages.”
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Edtior with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts