- California Wine Month begins
Wendy’s Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger is Finally Back
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- California Woman Sues Chipotle, Alleges That They Are Not 100-Percent GMO-Free
- Guac ’n’ Roll! Chipotle Will Deliver to College Campuses This Fall
- Jets Quarterback Bryce Petty Took Heat for Tweeting That He Likes Domino’s Pizza
- What Your Order at Dunkin’ Donuts Says About You
- McDonald’s May Have Rejected Burger King’s McWhopper Proposal, but Denny’s Wants In
Stars, stripes, and pretzels forever! Wendy’s is giving the gift of the pretzels and bacon for our nation’s birthday. Starting Fourth of July weekend, Wendy’s will be bringing back a limited-time menu item, the pretzel bacon cheeseburger. The burger, which is sandwiched between two pretzel dough buns, is rumored to be back for good, but Wendy’s has not confirmed this yet.
The popular pretzel burger has been off the menu for six months, and comes back in its familiar form—with Cheddar cheese, smoked bacon, and honey mustard sauce. The burger is $4.99 in its newest incarnation, about 30 cents more than last year. Last year it was a hot-selling item, too, when over 50 million pretzel bacon cheeseburgers were sold.
"Consumers made it clear that we couldn't say goodbye to pretzel forever," said Wendy's chief marketing officer Craig Bahner in a statement.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts