- Cream of Wheat invented (1893)
- Cream of Wheat introduced (1893)
Tina Fey's Top 20 AmEx Purchases Include a Lot of Food
Recipe of the day
- Fox Is Cooking Up a ‘Soul Food’ Sequel with the Original Cast
- A Cartoon About Food Trucks Will Soon Be a Reality, Thanks to Margaret Cho and a Director of 'The Simpsons'
- There’s Now a Dating App for Bacon-Lovers Called Sizzl, Thanks to Oscar Meyer
- The 25 Best Colleges for Tailgating
- Adorable Raccoon Figures Out that the Best Way to Get Food from Humans Is to Knock On Their Door
In its ongoing ad campaign for the Amex EveryDay credit card, American Express asks Tina Fey, the comedian, writer, and incredibly busy mother of two, to list her 20 monthly purchases with her Amex EveryDay Card.
It’s written in Fey’s classically comfortable and funny voice, and includes things like “Dog groomer. Someone in this family should have a hairstyle” and “A gym membership so I can take a ‘stretching area nap.’”
We were pretty pleased to discover that like so many of us (including her 30 Rock character Liz Lemon) Fey devotes much of the bill to matters of the stomach.
Less attention is paid to items related to leisure (“Manicure. ‘Cause when you talk with your hands they should be human hands”) and children’s entertainment (“Tickets to the American Museum of Natural History for a playdate with the Blue Whale”).
Without further ado:
1.Grilled cheese and soup from a diner, STAT.
6. One Huge NY bagel that feeds our whole family and a family of pigeons
8. Fresh fish and vegetable from Citarella that my husband knows how to cook. Yes I am lucky.
10. Donuts for everyone in the office, because food breeds loyalty.
14. A birthday cake with a coworker’s picture on it. So I can eat his/her face.
18. Who is drinking all this #$&*@*# milk?
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts