- First espresso machine patented (1938)
Take a Look Inside Giada’s New Restaurant in Las Vegas
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- New Champion? Matt Stonie Beats Out Joey Chestnut Again by Scarfing 10.5 Pounds of Ribs
- Alice Waters, Chef and Food Activist, to Receive National Humanities Medal From President Obama
- Tyler Florence’s Advice for Aspiring Food Truck Owners
- Chef Profile: A Voce Madison’s Davide Venturini
- New England Dunkin’ Donuts to Offer Judge Free Coffee for Life Following Tom Brady’s Suspension Lift
Giada, the first restaurant from Food Network star Giada De Laurentiis, is officially open at the new Las Vegas boutique hotel, The Cromwell. The restaurant will seat 260 guests and offers amenities like al fresco dining and an antipasto bar.
— Giada Vegas (@GiadaVegas) May 16, 2014
— Giada Vegas (@GiadaVegas) June 2, 2014
— Giada Vegas (@GiadaVegas) June 3, 2014
Earlier this year, De Laurentiis announced that her restaurant would also feature an Italian version of dim sum during brunch, inspired by her grandfather, Italian film producer Dino De Laurentiis, and his love of dim sum service.
The menu “will embrace De Laurentiis’ Roman heritage, mirroring her passion for Italian cooking with vibrant, Californian influences,” announced The Cromwell.
— Giada Vegas (@GiadaVegas) May 29, 2014
— Giada Vegas (@GiadaVegas) May 30, 2014
Signature dishes will include lemon spaghetti, eggplant rollatini, and marsala herb chicken meatballs.
The full dinner menu is available on The Cromwell’s website and includes a pronunciation guide that rather inexplicably only applies to the pasta section. In case you were wondering, the Spaghetti (Spah-geh-tee) with shrimp, lemon, and basil, is $28.
For your consideration, the menu is also labeled according to “Giada Classics,” “Raffy (Giada’s aunt) favorites,” and “Dino favorites.”
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts