- California Wine Month begins
Taco Bell Launches First Dollar Menu with Fritos Burrito
Recipe of the day
Most popular Stories
- California Woman Sues Chipotle, Alleges That They Are Not 100-Percent GMO-Free
- Guac ’n’ Roll! Chipotle Will Deliver to College Campuses This Fall
- Jets Quarterback Bryce Petty Took Heat for Tweeting That He Likes Domino’s Pizza
- What Your Order at Dunkin’ Donuts Says About You
- McDonald’s May Have Rejected Burger King’s McWhopper Proposal, but Denny’s Wants In
Welcome to twenty-first-century fast food menus, Taco Bell. Taco Bell has announced the nationwide launch of its first-ever dollar cravings menu, complete with mini quesadillas, cheesy roll-ups, and the new Beefy Fritos Burrito (yes, a burrito with Fritos inside for extra crunch). The 11-item menu starts Monday August 18, and is apparently aimed at millennials.
Whereas most fast food chains are moving away from dollar and 99-cent menus, the Dollar Cravings menu, according to NRN, is made up of “craveable and quality value items,” that are supposed to appeal to 20-somethings, since they drive more than half of Taco Bell’s sales. The newest millennial marketing lure may actually be raising average prices for consumers, since so many of Taco Bell’s specialty menu items are already under $1.
Other “craveable” dollar menu items from Taco Bell include the Spicy Tostada, Triple Layer Nachos, Spicy Potato Soft Tacos and dessert items like Cinnamon Twists and Caramel Apple Empanadas.
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts