Shake Shack Heading to Austin
Recipe of the day
- Ruby Tuesday Sued for Gender Discrimination Against Men
- KFC Has Really Outdone Itself with the DoubleDown Dog
- Woman Gets Bag of Cash from Burger King Drive-Thru
- Reports About New Restaurant By 'Jiro Dreams of Sushi' Chef and Restaurateur Alessandro Borgognone May Be Inaccurate
- The Most Iconic Dishes of ‘Molecular Gastronomy’
Danny Meyer's burger joint is hitting Texas, a press release announces today, with Shake Shack debuting in Austin in late 2014.
According to the press release, Meyer will open his first restaurant in Texas in Austin on the corner of South Lamar and Treadwell, near the original Alamo Drafthouse.
No word on what the menu will feature in terms of location-specific menu items, but locals can expect the same burgers, hot dogs, and concretes. "We're thrilled to plant our feet in the great state of Texas," CEO Randy Garutti said in the press release. "Austin embraces all of the important things in life—food, music, community and culture—we're excited to be on South Lamar that puts us in the heart of it all."
West Coast cult favorite In-N-Out also announced plans for an Austin location, meaning the Texas city could be the next city (after Las Vegas) for the In-N-Out and Shake Shack showdown.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts