Shake Shack Heading to Austin
Recipe of the day
- The 15 Biggest Failed Restaurant Chains
- McDonald’s Finally Announces Plans to Test All-Day Breakfast, Beginning in April
- Jose Andres Opens a Fast-Casual Restaurant on a Lucky College Campus
- Taco Bell Is Testing Super-Spicy Ghost Pepper and Habanero Sauces
- Unsuccessful Pizza Restaurant Busted for Trafficking Drugs
Danny Meyer's burger joint is hitting Texas, a press release announces today, with Shake Shack debuting in Austin in late 2014.
According to the press release, Meyer will open his first restaurant in Texas in Austin on the corner of South Lamar and Treadwell, near the original Alamo Drafthouse.
No word on what the menu will feature in terms of location-specific menu items, but locals can expect the same burgers, hot dogs, and concretes. "We're thrilled to plant our feet in the great state of Texas," CEO Randy Garutti said in the press release. "Austin embraces all of the important things in life—food, music, community and culture—we're excited to be on South Lamar that puts us in the heart of it all."
West Coast cult favorite In-N-Out also announced plans for an Austin location, meaning the Texas city could be the next city (after Las Vegas) for the In-N-Out and Shake Shack showdown.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts