Rick Bayless Opening in Philadelphia and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Scarpetta (Still Without Scott Conant) is Coming to Montauk, Long Island
- Morimoto Opens New Momosan Bar Serving Sake, Shochu, and Japanese Whisky
- Alton Brown Will Host the 2015 James Beard Foundation Awards in Chicago
- Happy 105th Birthday to the Man Who Invented Ramen!
- 10 Chef Blogs You Really Should be Reading
Check out these headlines you may have missed.
Bourdain Admits He Got It Wrong: The famed food adventurer angered plenty of locals when he noted that New Mexico's local dish Frito Pie at Five & Dime General Store was made with "Canned Hormel chili." The chili? It's made from scratch. [AP]
Art History with Food: A Jeff Koons sculpture made out of Twinkies, a Rothko ice cream cake, Jackson Pollock Rice Krispies. Check out these masterpieces in dessert form. [PSFK]
Flour Made of Bugs: McGill University students have won the 2013 Hult Prize in order to create insect-based flour, packed with protein to feed malnourished populations. [ABC News]
Rick Bayless to Philly: Word on the street: Chicago chef Rick Bayless is expanding beyond the Windy City to Philadelphia, bringing a "new café" with tortas and a guacamole bar. [The DP]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts