New York Bar Serves Weak Drinks for Ladies, It’s Going Badly
Today on The Daily Meal
- Ladies, It’s The End Of The Year – Do You See A New Car In Your New Year?
- 4 New York City Valentine's Day Crawls for All the Single Ladies (and Guys)
- New York Bar Offering Free Tapas to the Ladies
- It’s Menu Change Day at Milk Bar! New Flavors, Old Favorites
- What Restaurants in New York are Serving Christmas Dinner?
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- Best Turkey Tips for Thanksgiving
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
In Brooklyn, a Clinton Hill restaurant called Los Pollitos III has introduced a “his and hers” drinks menu, where the men’s drinks contain a higher alcohol content, and the options “for ladies” contain less.
According to restaurant manager Marcos Merino, who designed the new menu, the decision to water down the women’s drinks was meant to “make people laugh” and customers were supposed to “have fun with it.”[slideshow:
Bartender Leo Vasquez clarified to DNA Info, "Anyone can order anything, but a lot of times ladies don't like to have the strong stuff so this menu is for them."
So with all the fun and delightful gender imbalance going on, I think I’ll sit this one out, lest I over-exert myself and get the vapors.
I’ll leave it to Twitter to show you how the menu change is going:
— Alexandra Farrington (@trampabroad) June 5, 2014
— Gina Rizzo (@GinaRizzo1) June 5, 2014
A Clinton Hill restaurant has a weaker drinks menu for women. On the ladies menu: wine, baileys and "just a half-a-rufie, topped w lemonade"
— Ser Janet Manley (@janetmanley) June 5, 2014
— Andra (@pandramonium) June 5, 2014
— GRETE (@AllOfThePizza) June 4, 2014
— didi (@didinyc) June 4, 2014
— Kasbrika Velásquez (@kasbrika) June 4, 2014
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts