- Albert Roux born
- Piereogi Day
How to Brew Beer in Space and More News
Recipe of the day
- Remember When We Drank Natty, PBR, and 9 Other Cheap Beers?
- 9 Creative Ways to Use Beer Besides Just Drinking It
- Beer Brewed From Chickpeas Invented: Is Hummus Beer the Next Big Thing?
- Budweiser, Corona, and Blue Moon: America’s Most Popular Beers Could Soon Be All Under One Roof
- Metallica Is Making A Limited Edition Beer in Canada
Check out these headlines you may have missed.
Grant Achatz Fashionable Food: The Chicago chef answers Harper's Bazaar "Fashionable Food" feature, saying he'll never tire of pizza. We agree. [Harpers Bazaar]
Junk Food Targets Kids with Games: A new study found that 143 websites that market foods to kids have "advergames" on their websites to cater to children. [US News]
$10 a Cup for Coffee: Apparently a new variety of coffee, called Ironman, just sold for $378 per kilogram of coffee. That's $10 a cup. [Good Food]
Beer in Space? An 11-year-old has proposed a process to make beer in space, which could be used "as a disinfectant and a clean drinking source," if water were to ever be polluted. It's getting launched into space this December. [Denver Post]
Sam Kass Furloughed: While Sam Kass has been furloughed, chef Cristeta Comerford has been cooking the meals for the First Family during the government shutdown. [Obama Foodorama]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts