Heart Attack Grill Founder Admits His Food 'Will Kill You'
Today on The Daily Meal
- Heart Attack Grill Owner Thinks He's Running 'Obesity Intervention' Program
- Second Heart Attack Reported at Heart Attack Grill
- Unofficial Spokesman of Heart Attack Grill Dies From Heart Attack
- Heart Attack Grill Customer Suffers Cardiac Arrest
- Heart Attack Grill Loses Naming Fight with New York Deli
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Heart Attack Grill's founder Jon Basso gave an interview with Bloomberg to emphasize that people should be brown-bagging it instead of eating out. To emphasize his point? He brings in the cremated remains of one of his best customers, who died of a heart attack at his restaurant.
"I'm putting the bag clearly on the table. I wish Burger King, McDonald's, everyone else would do the same," Basso says.
His philosophy, as he's noted before, is to be as honest about the food he's serving as possible. "I am probasbly the only restaurateur in the entire world who is unapologetically telling you that my food is bad for you, that it will kill you, that you should stay away from it. The better move is to simply go to restaurants less, not to try to mask what you're really doing," Basso said.
This is the guy who is selling burgers called the Quadruple Bypass Burger, and who claims he lives with a clear conscience because, "I make good money, joking about how bad my food is, but at least I'm honest... when the CEO of McDonald's says well we're going to change course, he's going straight to the bank." Watch the interview below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts