Heart Attack Grill Founder Admits His Food 'Will Kill You'
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
Heart Attack Grill's founder Jon Basso gave an interview with Bloomberg to emphasize that people should be brown-bagging it instead of eating out. To emphasize his point? He brings in the cremated remains of one of his best customers, who died of a heart attack at his restaurant.
"I'm putting the bag clearly on the table. I wish Burger King, McDonald's, everyone else would do the same," Basso says.
His philosophy, as he's noted before, is to be as honest about the food he's serving as possible. "I am probasbly the only restaurateur in the entire world who is unapologetically telling you that my food is bad for you, that it will kill you, that you should stay away from it. The better move is to simply go to restaurants less, not to try to mask what you're really doing," Basso said.
This is the guy who is selling burgers called the Quadruple Bypass Burger, and who claims he lives with a clear conscience because, "I make good money, joking about how bad my food is, but at least I'm honest... when the CEO of McDonald's says well we're going to change course, he's going straight to the bank." Watch the interview below.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts