Get Ready for the Return of the World's Best-Tasting Salmon
Today on The Daily Meal
- Salmon From Alaska's Copper River — The Best
- What's the Best-Tasting Artificial Sweetener for Your Coffee?
- 1-Ton Bacon Cheeseburger Gets World's Biggest Cheeseburger Title
- The Best-Tasting (and Healthiest) Bottled Iced and Green Teas
- Weekly Media Mix: McDonald's Serves Sustainable Fish; Cured Meat Therapy; and Papaya King Gets Racy
It’s been called the best-tasting salmon in the world, and it’s back. The Copper River king and sockeye salmon, well known for their high healthy fat content and nutritional benefits, are back in season. The mighty Copper River in Alaska are home to these salmon, which have a higher oil content than other fish because they have to store fat for their epic annual journey through the Copper River. Copper River king salmon are not on sale everywhere, but if the salmon are not sold at your local grocery store, you can get them by ordering through FreshSeafood.com.
Not sure how to throw together a tasty salmon dish? Check out The Daily Meal’s 8 Great Salmon Recipes (Slideshow)
Not only do these salmon taste good, but according to FreshSeafood.com, they also contain a ton of omega 3 fatty acids, the healthy kind of fat that’s often found in fish.Omega 3 fatty acids have been shown to improve the heart health of people who regularly consume the fat, and can also help combat psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, breast cancer and migraines.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts