Ferran Adrià to Host Series of Dinners Around the World
Recipe of the day
- Mario Batali Created a Patti Smith-Inspired Linguine Recipe with Anchovies and Truffles
- Peek Inside ‘Chopped’ Judge Chris Santos’ New York City Apartment
- America’s 50 Most Powerful People in Food for 2015
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
In celebration of the launch of elBulli 2005-2011, the seven-volume “complete record of elBulli's final and most innovative years,” Ferran Adrià, along with Phaidon and the Financial Times, will host a series of intimate dinners in London, Hong Kong, Geneva, and New York.
Each dinner will feature menus inspired by the legacy of elBulli, and will be created by some of the world’s most creative chefs.
First up will be chef Jason Atherton, the first British chef to complete a stage at elBulli in 1998.
In June, Atherton will create the menu for the launch dinner in London at his restaurant Pollen Street Social, followed by the dinner menu in Hong Kong at his newest restaurant, the Aberdeen Street Social.
During each dinner, guests will have the chance to speak with Ferran about his work, and enjoy a champagne reception, followed by a five-course tasting menu. Each guest will also receive a signed edition of elBulli 2005-2011, and a copy of Adrià’s biography, Reinventing Food: Ferran Adrià -The Man Who Changed the Way We Eat, written by Colman Andrews.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts