Eleven Madison Park Alum Opens Asian-American Restaurant
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
- Where to Eat America's Best Macaroni and Cheese
- Bobby Flay Has Found the Best Focaccia in the World
- Days Before Ending Service, Cinnamon Snail Food Truck In Such High Demand that Line Limits are Imposed
- Here are the James Beard Foundation’s Five Picks for the 2015 America’s Classic Award
- A Sriracha Quesarito is Headed to Taco Bell
Chef Thomas Chen, formerly of the three-Michelin-starred Eleven Madison Park, has opened his first independent restaurant, Tuome, located in the East Village.
The menu from the first generation Chinese-American, classically trained chef will feature contemporary American cuisine with Asian influences. Tuome, pronounced “tow-me,” was the chef’s nickname growing up because his mother couldn’t pronounce “Tommy.”
Featured dishes from chef Chen include crispy farro and chrysanthemum; oxtail spring rolls with cumin and bone marrow; octopus with house-made XO sauce, chicken with charred lettuce; basil and porridge; and scallop with carrot, maitake mushroom, and foie gras sauce.
The chef’s specialty on the menu is Pig Out for Two, featuring Berkshire pork cooked in duck fat and served with spicy peanut noodles and special condiments like house-made lime sambal and ginger scallion sauce.
Tuome is open for dinner seven days a week, from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m., Monday through Thursday; from 5 p.m. until 12 a.m., Friday through Saturday; and 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. on Sunday. Reservations are available for parties of five or more.
For the latest food and drink updates, visit our Food News page.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts