Eleven Madison Park Alum Opens Asian-American Restaurant
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Queens Noodle Powerhouse Mu Ramen is Looking for an Executive Sous Chef
- Bill Boggs Corner Table: Parma, an East Side Survivor
- Chubby Noodle Restaurant Files Trademark Lawsuit Against Fat Noodle Restaurant
- Yes, Starbucks Does Impact the Real Estate Market, and Here’s Why
- Embattled McDonald’s CEO Don Thompson Steps Down after Difficult Year
Chef Thomas Chen, formerly of the three-Michelin-starred Eleven Madison Park, has opened his first independent restaurant, Tuome, located in the East Village.
The menu from the first generation Chinese-American, classically trained chef will feature contemporary American cuisine with Asian influences. Tuome, pronounced “tow-me,” was the chef’s nickname growing up because his mother couldn’t pronounce “Tommy.”
Featured dishes from chef Chen include crispy farro and chrysanthemum; oxtail spring rolls with cumin and bone marrow; octopus with house-made XO sauce, chicken with charred lettuce; basil and porridge; and scallop with carrot, maitake mushroom, and foie gras sauce.
The chef’s specialty on the menu is Pig Out for Two, featuring Berkshire pork cooked in duck fat and served with spicy peanut noodles and special condiments like house-made lime sambal and ginger scallion sauce.
Tuome is open for dinner seven days a week, from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m., Monday through Thursday; from 5 p.m. until 12 a.m., Friday through Saturday; and 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. on Sunday. Reservations are available for parties of five or more.
For the latest food and drink updates, visit our Food News page.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts