Man Rescues Rack of Ribs From an Apartment Complex Fire

Contributor
His first priority was his family, but he was genuinely concerned about the ribs he was barbecuing
Robert Wright

YouTube/KMPH FOX 26

Robert Wright holds up his unharmed rack of ribs.

A fire broke out at an apartment complex in Fresno, California, September 2 at 3 a.m., and this man made sure to save not only his kids, but also a rack of ribs.

Robert Wright, a resident of the apartment complex, was barbecuing next door when the incident occurred. He told local FOX affiliate KMPH that he saw the fire blow out a window in the complex, so naturally his first reaction was to save his family in the apartment — and his ribs.

“I got my kids first and then I thought about my ribs, and I didn’t want to let my ribs burn, because I take pride in what I do, man,” Wright told KMPH. “It’s like 3 in the morning and I was hungry, I was like, ‘put some ribs on there, man.’”

Wright held up the ribs to the camera and said that the situation was “frantic” and “serious,” adding, “I’m going to enjoy this barbecue — have a good night, man. Hope they put us in a motel because they owe us for that one…”

Related Links
The Ultimate Guide to Ribs9 Mouthwatering Rib RecipesThe WingHouse Breaks Out with the Best Ribs for the Summer10 Easy Ways to Cook Amazing RibsHow to Cook Ribs