One McDonald’s customer in the U.K. near The A4 Newbury Bypass, Alex Hunt, recorded a video of what he described as the most disgusting McDonald’s he had ever eaten in. Although the restaurant had received a five-star hygiene rating from the health department, the video shows grimy and sticky floors, fries and soft drink spilled on the floor, and a seemingly indifferent staff.
Hunt, 42, had stopped at the McDonald’s for a quick meal on his way back to the beach with his wife and son when he was shocked and “repulsed” by what he saw.
"I'd just ordered food and noticed how filthy it was. There were chips and nuggets all over the floor,” he told The Mirror. “It looked like someone had just trodden through a dirty field all across the floor.”
What’s worse, he said, was this was no recent mess that has just happened — much of the dirt and grime looked like it had been there for a while, and had not been touched by a cleaning crew in a long time. He took his family to eat elsewhere.
When McDonald’s was informed on the mess, a spokesperson said, “As soon as this was brought to our attention we were in touch with the restaurant team to investigate further. This was a particularly busy day for the store and a full clean took place soon after this footage was taken however the standards shown in the video are unacceptable.”