- First Thanksgiving Day Decreed (1789)
Dress Up Like a Cow and Get Free Chick-fil-A
Recipe of the day
- Diamond Foods, Maker of Emerald Nuts and Pop Secret, to Sell Company in Pieces
- One Woman Posed as Salad on Tinder, and You Won't Believe the Responses She Got
- Days of Pepperoni Past: This Guy Is Photographing the Disappearing Pizza Huts of Your Childhood
- You Can Now Order Carnitas Burritos Again at Chipotle
- Dunkin’ Donuts Is Making a Breakfast Sandwich with Bacon-Stuffed Sausages
This is probably one of the strangest (but most delicious) holidays we’ve ever heard of. Today is Chick-fil-A’s Cow Appreciation Day. If you come into one of their locations dressed as a cow, you will get a free chicken meal, at any time of the day. If you have full-on garb you can get a free meal, and if you are partially dressed up, you will get a free entrée. The tagline for the annual “holiday” is “Eat more chikin,” as the cows appreciate your foregoing a burger meal for a fried or grilled chicken platter.
If you’re thinking, “well, gee, I don’t have time to make or buy a cow costume!” Chick-fil-A has got you covered. They have put together black and white printables, including spots and ears, that you can print out and tape(?) to yourself, for a completely hack DIY job, in case you’re wanting your free chicken in a hurry.
— Micah Sears (@MicahRaySears) July 11, 2014
Talk about udderly awesome. Get yours today before your local Chick-fil-A closes!
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts