Chefs Gather for James Beard Seafood Policy Think Tank
Recipe of the day
- Marc Forgione on His Cookbook, Abolishing Tips, and His Favorite Vodka
- Noma Documentary Launches Indiegogo Campaign
- Pete Wells Awards No Stars to Javelina, Shows Off His Backhand
- April Bloomfield in Talks for Elaborate 4-Story Restaurant with a Rooftop in Downtown Manhattan
- The Daily Meal Talks Career, Cuisine, and Contributions with Stephan Pyles
Between April 27th and 30th, a team of 15 chefs will gather for the fourth official James Beard Foundation Chefs Boot Camp for Policy & Change at Costanoa Lodge in Pescadero, Calif.
The three-day program will focus on sustainable seafood and aims to help participating chefs to become “influential advocates in the food world and realize the difference they can make beyond the kitchen.”
To date, more than 450 chefs have applied to the Chefs Boot Camp. Participants were selected to represent different regions and a range of topics, and based on their levels of local and national influence.
The program will feature discussions on sustainable seafood policy, successful outreach in the culinary community, as well as farm activities at the lodge and Green Oaks Creek Farm, and a fishing trip off the waters of San Francisco Bay.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts