Chefs Gather for James Beard Seafood Policy Think Tank
Recipe of the day
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
- Anthony Bourdain’s International Street Food Hall in New York City Expected to Open Later This Year
- Michelin-Starred Indian Chef Vikas Khanna Reportedly Approached for Hollywood Biopic
Between April 27th and 30th, a team of 15 chefs will gather for the fourth official James Beard Foundation Chefs Boot Camp for Policy & Change at Costanoa Lodge in Pescadero, Calif.
The three-day program will focus on sustainable seafood and aims to help participating chefs to become “influential advocates in the food world and realize the difference they can make beyond the kitchen.”
To date, more than 450 chefs have applied to the Chefs Boot Camp. Participants were selected to represent different regions and a range of topics, and based on their levels of local and national influence.
The program will feature discussions on sustainable seafood policy, successful outreach in the culinary community, as well as farm activities at the lodge and Green Oaks Creek Farm, and a fishing trip off the waters of San Francisco Bay.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts