- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Chefs Gather for James Beard Seafood Policy Think Tank
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Alton Brown on Food Culture and Its Flaws: Loving Food ‘Doesn’t Make You Special’
- Teen Chef Opens His First Restaurant with $160 Tasting Menu, Sparks Anger in Chef Community
- David Chang Says Next Year Will Be All About Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- Chef Ana Ros of Slovenia: Emerging Gastronomy, Part 2
- Chef Ana Ros of Slovenia: Emerging Gastronomy, Part 1
Between April 27th and 30th, a team of 15 chefs will gather for the fourth official James Beard Foundation Chefs Boot Camp for Policy & Change at Costanoa Lodge in Pescadero, Calif.
The three-day program will focus on sustainable seafood and aims to help participating chefs to become “influential advocates in the food world and realize the difference they can make beyond the kitchen.”
To date, more than 450 chefs have applied to the Chefs Boot Camp. Participants were selected to represent different regions and a range of topics, and based on their levels of local and national influence.
The program will feature discussions on sustainable seafood policy, successful outreach in the culinary community, as well as farm activities at the lodge and Green Oaks Creek Farm, and a fishing trip off the waters of San Francisco Bay.
Karen Lo is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @appleplexy.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts