Channing Tatum Just Chopped Off and Ate a Rattlesnake’s Head
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
Channing Tatum has taken his “boy gone wild” persona in Magic Mike, and transformed it into a “boy in the wild” one on nature survivalist Bear Grylls’ new NBC reality show, Running Wild with Bear Grylls,”which puts celebrities like Channing Tatum and Zac Efron in wild survival situations. In this particular episode, hunky new dad Channing Tatum had to chop off the head of a rattlesnake that he came upon in the woods, before he and Grylls cooked it up for dinner. As a prize for facing down the poisonous creature, Bear Grylls made Tatum a necklace out of the snake’s rattle.
“There you go, my first kill,” said Channing on the episode. “I’m feeling pretty animalistic at the moment. I think we’re gonna eat good tonight.”
Luckily, according to Bear Grylls, the snake was fairly large, so it was enough sustenance to last them throughout their trek near Yosemite National Park.
It’s a bit of a cliché to compare the taste of exotic meats to chicken, but Tatum admitted that if rattlesnake were a piece of chicken, it “would be completely terrible chicken.”
For the latest happenings in the food and drink world, visit our Food News page.
Joanna Fantozzi is an Associate Editor with The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter@JoannaFantozzi
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts